Grey's for Good

I'm not a risk taker. 
I'm a cunning.
A follower, not a pioneer. 
Observe much. 
Counting benefits. 
Take action after others. 
Afraid of high, afraid of failure. 
So I just sit on my bed, watching drama series. 
And this is what I get. 

A couple hundred days ago, Benjamin Franklin shared with the world secret of his success, "Never leave that till tomorrow," he said, "what you can do today". This is the man who discovered electricity. You'd think more of us would listen to what he had to say. I don't know why we put things off, but if i had to guess, I'd say it has a lot to do with fear. Fear of failure, fear of pain, fear of rejection. Sometimes, the fear is just making a decision, because what if you wrong? What if you're making a mistake you can't undo? Anyway, we have to make our own mistakes. We have to learn our own lessons. We have to sweep today's possibility under tomorrow's rug until we cant anymore, until we finally understand for ourselves what Benjamin Franklin meant. That knowing is better than wondering. That waking is better than sleeping. 


Then I remember of every chance that I missed, cause of fear. I remember of regrets, most are more painful than failure. And how mistakes that I did are the best lessons so far. Maybe I should listen Benjamin Franklin more, his face is in every 100 bucks US there. So now I sit, and continue watching Grey's, maybe til I fall asleep.







And that even the biggest failure, even the worst, most intractable mistake, beats the hell out of never trying. 

  The italics are taken from Grey's Anatomy season 1 episode 6.

Comments