100 Films to See Before You Die : Donnie Darko

I make new post series in this blog, called 100 Film to See Before You Die. Yea that means 100 films you have to watch before you, you know, ran out of time to enjoy watching movie. This is my version. You can see the old version from IMDB, 50 Films To See Before You Die. I just make it more than that version, cause time's flew, lots of good movies in making now.






So, for the first post, in random order, I will say, Donnie Darko is a film you HAVE TO SEE before you die. Seriously dude, this film is sick, twisted, dark, and deep. Donnie Darko (2001) is a surrealist psychological thriller. I don't care what they said on Wikipedia, you can read it by yourself here. Its main actor is Jake Gyllenhaal as Donnie Darko. If you love to watch this Jake, I promise you, this is the cutest Jake you'll ever see before he turns to be Kevin Vierra.

I watched Donnie Darko long time ago, when I was in junior high, and I didn't really get it. After 10 years, I watch it again, and it feels like I watched it for the first time. For me, Donnie Darko is, man I can't even describe it. Lots of good Oscar wining movies that I watched recently, but I don't feel the same way like I watched Donnie Darko. Maybe because there are some feelings that I felt in that movie. A simple feeling like we don't want to be alone in this life, or somehow we just feel different from other, and it's better for people that we love if we're just, gone. You can read the interpretation here, but only AFTER you watched the movie.

I can't talk much right now. Just watch this movie, Donnie Darko. Buy or borrowed from friends, or download it, I don't care how. Just watch, please. And after you watched it, read the interpretation if you want on this link or you can call me, I'd love to have a coffee and talk about it with you. And if you not flattered like I did, well, maybe you and I live in a different space :)



"I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to."









Comments

  1. no offense, but..
    I don't really understand the plot of this movie,,
    I mean,, scary-looking-rabbit-man? I didn't get the point of that..


    I think this movie is way too scientific but without any sufficient and easy-to-digest explanation about 'time travelling',, for this, you might wanna compare it with "12 Monkeys" or "Deja Vu"..

    I only agree with your opinion on this blog when you said "this film is sick, twisted, dark, and deep",, with 'sick' means 'real-sick'..

    ReplyDelete
  2. no offense, but,,
    I didn't really "get" this movie,,

    I think this movie is way too scientific but has no sufficient and easy-to-digest explanation about 'time travelling',,
    for that, you might wanna compare it with "12 Monkeys" or "Deja Vu"..

    and the,, uhh.. scary-looking-rabbit-man?
    I don't think that's cool..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that this movie is scientific and little absurd. That's why I'm looking another interpretation, and I found it in this link http://www.the-elite.net/---/darko/

    There you can find the explanation about Roberta Sparrow's book or Grandma Death. The story plot and why Donnie Darko hallucinate giant scary looking rabbit were explained there. And why scary rabbit? That's also explained that scary rabbit is a Halloween costume made by Frank, whose apparently Donnie Darko's sister, Elizabeth, boyfriend.

    For me, this movie is so cool and smart. Maybe it's just the taste, Jay :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment